Monday, October 31, 2016

Lessons from the calendar

So I'm writing this on Halloween. The scariest thing about tonight? That tomorrow it is NOVEMBER. I knew I hadn't written anything in a while - been busy with all of my busy-ness. Been jotting a few notes here and there with ideas for posts about living small here in Laguna. 

Funny thing - when you let yourself get focused on your busy-ness and daily shit, your griping about how things are (or aren't) increases, and your creativity decreases. Focusing on the small shit does NOT help you focus on your larger life. Huh.


Tired from working on mind numbing things all day at work, you come home and continue with mind numbing stuff at home rather than breaking the spell and working on those longer term goals. It's OK you tell yourself, I'll be more in the mood tomorrow. I deserve to go sit on the beach for a while - then I'll come home and get a few things done - you know, after I check Facebook and my emails....ooops, now it's late and I better get ready for bed.  And, maybe my creativity will kick in tomorrow.  


You post a blog entry in July about a great retreat experience you had....and the next thing you know it's November and you haven't done any writing at all. Just a mess of unorganized notes with possible topics. Huh, thought I was committed this time to writing on a regular basis.  What else have I only committed to half-heartedly??  Hmmm...a few too many things. My great ideas remain only great ideas if I never get started or take any steps toward them.  Nuts. 


It was pointed out recently to me by a friend that I had stalled, that I have been wasting a lot of precious time and the year is rapidly coming to an end. Is this how I want things to be?  


I was then given the gift of the word "Cherish." I was asked if I cherished myself. Um, that would be a "no." I have since found that when you start to cherish yourself, you start to look at yourself differently, to see value, and you begin to make different choices. I would like to pass along the gift of the word Cherish to each of you - take it, accept it, and see how it affects you.  It's a really fun, challenging, eye-opening experience.


So, once again, the blog that came out of my keyboard is not the one I sat down to write. I'll get to those stories of living small and the lessons learned - like learning to survive with a kitchen that I swear used to be a closet and they crammed a counter and a cook top into it somehow, and I also have an update to the evil washer encounter.


The lesson? Please value yourself, value your time, and have fun putting your creativity to use.


Light, Love & Laughter




No comments:

Post a Comment